The Amazing Boston Marathon

The Boston marathon is the most amazing road marathon in the world. On Sunday 28th July the runners of Sydney will honour those who lost their lives in the bombings this year & support the people of Boston. Run for Humanity http://bayrunforhumanity.wordpress.com/ #BayRun28July #RunForBoston #OneBoston 7 amazing facts on the Boston … [Read more...]

Queens Park – Outdoor gym workout

We live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and yet we also live in a country where 21% of us are obese, which is twice as much as 1993. While we see ourselves as an active nation in fact we face the same health crisis as the USA. It's not all doom and gloom however when you look at the amazing environment around us & combine that … [Read more...]

#2 Maroubra outdoor gym workout – Advanced

If you’ve completed our introductory cardio/strength circuit or are training regularly and want a more advanced option to tackle head down to Maroubra & push yourself with Workout #2 below. To increase the intensity run hard across the sand in the run intervals and minimize the rest breaks between strength exercises. How quickly can you … [Read more...]

#1 Maroubra outdoor gym workout – Introductory Cardio/Strength circuit

Try this Free workout designed specifically for the outdoor fitness equipment at Maroubra Beach. In March, Randwick Council opened the equipment situated right on Maroubra beach, between the pavilion and the Maroubra Surf club. The location is great and the views far exceed any stuffy gym. So far the $60,000 investment has been well received by … [Read more...]

ARMtour 2013

Last week I travelled to the Northern Territory with 23 other role models as part of the the NASCA (National Aboriginal Sporting Chance Academy)  ARMtour (Athletes as Role Models). It was an amazing experience I thought I should share... and I'd strongly recommend it to anyone who'd like to get involved. NASCA are always looking for new motivated … [Read more...]

Outdoor gyms are on the increase

Outdoor gyms have been installed in a number of council areas in increasing numbers recently. And today's gym is much more than just a chin up bar with a variety of equipment to suit all levels. It’s a great move by council to help encourage local residents to increase their physical activity & improve their health. Today at Maroubra beach the … [Read more...]

Deadly running

This week marks the inaugural Deadly Fun Run Championships at Uluru with Indigenous athletes from around Australia participating in the 3km run (for school aged boys & girls) & 5km event (for men & women). With competitors ages ranging from 7 to 56yrs the event is the first indigenous running festival held at Uluru. Throughout 2012, in … [Read more...]

Indigenous Marathon Project

Following on from the earlier blog I have included some more information on the Indigenous Marathon Project for those who requested it. The Indigenous Marathon Project is an amazing initiative championed by Australian marathon legend Robert de Castella. A little over 12 months ago none of the 4 runners about to embark on the NY marathon had ever … [Read more...]

From little things big things grow

Powering up the hill to Coogee past the Federal Sports Minister, Mark Arbib, Caleb Hart looks strong, light on his feet and ready for New York. Closely behind Juan Darwin and Charlie Maher cruise up the hill in one of their final runs on Australian soil before flying out on Monday to run the New York Marathon. On Sunday 7th November Caleb, Juan, … [Read more...]

Follow

Get every new post on this blog delivered to your Inbox.

Join other followers: